Commercial Real Estate Update for January
- Total vacancy decreased from 10.2% to 9.8% in December. Multitenant vacancy decreased from 15.0% to 14.6%.
- In the Central Boise submarket vacancy declined for the fifth straight month, ending the year at 13.7%.
- In North Boise, WestVet moved into their newly constructed building, vacating 11,000 SF nearby, causing vacancy to increase to 17.6%.
- Vacancy reached its lowest point in over ten years in West Boise (11.4%) due in part to NewsletterPro purchasing 25,100 SF on Emerald.
- Nampa vacancy (10.4%) decreased for the third consecutive month.
- Vacancy in Caldwell decreased to 8.7%, reaching its lowest point since February 2010.
- Overall vacancy increased slightly from 4.4% to 4.5% in December. Multitenant remained flat at 9.8%.
- Gayle Manufacturing completed construction on a 166,200 SF building in Caldwell where vacancy declined to 5.2%.
- Construction was completed on a 10,700 SF multi-tenant building along Highway 26 in Caldwell.
- Vacancy in Central Boise (3.7%) decreased for the fourth consecutive month, reaching its lowest point in over ten years.
- Bastian Solutions leased 8,100 SF at Victory Business Park in Southwest Boise decreasing vacancy to 4.8%.
- A new 5,000 SF auto body shop was constructed in Nampa (4.4%).
- Total vacancy decreased slightly from 8.6% to 8.5% in December. Unanchored vacancy decreased from 11.3% to 10.8%.
- Re-Style Thrift store relocated to 625 Vista in Central Boise where vacancy is 8.2%.
- Construction completed on a 4,800 SF spec retail strip center on Broadway in Southeast Boise (8.3%).
- In Eagle, vacancy (7.8%) declined for the fifth consecutive month.
- Dart Warz moved to a 13,100 SF space at Oakbrook Plaza in Meridian decreasing vacancy to 6.2%.
- Vacancy in Nampa reached 10.0%, its highest point since October 2011.
Comments are closed for this post, but if you have spotted an error or have additional info that you think should be in this post, feel free to contact us.